Friday, August 21, 2009


AAAgh- sorry, I had to move that last picture out of my line of sight! maybe I'll draw a line through it.


So here's my version of what's happening this week.
Lorenzo and the electrician have hooked up the controls in the helm. All that's missing is the autopilot. The engine works. The hydraulics work (too slow for L, but they do work); the toilet will work as soon as the right pump arrives. The generator works, and is loaded up with air conditioning and every heater we could borrow. There's a bed platform being built in the space below the helm (for Tony and Cleo). Good! Progress is good!

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, guys. Congratulations -- especially on the kitty sleeping arrangements, clearly the most important feature of the enterprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, love the blue that you painted the hull. Much nicer than that harsh red. I await photos of the interior for approval. And more importantly, I am hoping that you are planning a little christening ceremony, necessary for the boat's positive karma. If you follow the way they do things at IRYS (Brendon's boat building school) you need to: 1. Place a small bouquet of flowers on the bow. This is to ensure a safe return to land. 2. crack a bottle of champagne over the front deck so the champagne spills on the boat. This is to appease King Neptune (don't diss him Lorenzo) 3. Announce her name to the crowd that has gathered. There is a lot of superstition regarding boat christenings and it is written that the White Star Line did not christen their ships. Their most famous one was the Titanic. So we want photos of that christening please. Love you, Elle
    ps maybe you could podcast this ceremony for us so we can all assemble from various spots on the planet and shout Bon Voyage simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, Elle- I was hoping someone knew the necessary rituals and superstitions. Maybe Rose can come help with the christening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be perfect! She can dress the part of high priestess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J + L--never figured I would find your blog but I did. My mom did not have your contact info, so hopefully this works. I will be in NOLA for a dinner and a meeting this Wed, and if you're around would love to see you as well as the yacht! I'm @ 954.647.4222/jameskgriffinjr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete