Sunday, April 17, 2011


90 degrees and gorgeous, we eat, we swim, we sleep.  Have to do errands outside of siesta hours.  The cats look very hot today- think perhaps Cleo would like to be shaved.


We'll stay here for another week or so waiting for packages to show up, setting up a SAT phone and firing up the SSB radio.  When we leave here, we will effectively go off grid as far as phone and internet go.  We'll still get email- internet cafes are everywhere- but we can chuck our verizon phones overboard, causing heavy-metal pollution in the deep.  When we arrive in a new country we'll get whatever phone card they're using and call everyone.  We do, of course, have multiple layers of emergency electronic equipment should thing go sour, but have no plans to use them.

3 comments:

  1. 90 degrees! Glad you like it. Better you than me, though. 75 is my top comfort zone.

    Don't stay off the grid too long, or I'll panic!

    I'd say "happy trails" to your next adventure, but "happy sails" seems more appropriate.

    Much love,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize till now we're channeling Conan the Barbarian- we saw a preview the other night.

    His tag line: I EEEAT. I LUUVE. I SLAAAYYY. I FEEEL GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever get back to New Iberia and find yourself bored on dry land you may want to check this out up in Beaver, Louisiana:
    The Zydeco Trail

    ReplyDelete