Thursday, January 21, 2010

Marathon Fl -what a hoot



N   24 41.798
W -81 07.070
also posted on Cruiser's Forum-
Dudes and dudettes, Marathon has got it going on! About 400 people living here in the harbor on their boats and everyone's smiling. I'm anchored outside with a dozen other boats because I'm too big to get in there, so we just dinghy in to avail ourselves of the services. Yes, they do charge some money, but the value is great.
I've been traveling the west coast of 
Florida, and following the anchoring forums and dealing with the cops in Sanibel and Sarasota, and I got to tell you that Marathon has figured it all out.
It's not really my scene and I'm not planning on staying longer than a week, so for me it's just a great friendly place to get stocked up and do some work on the boat, but the folks that stay here are happy.
Check it out.


1 comment:

  1. The Cruising lifestyle must be a good fit for you... less and less information in your posts. Too busy living the good life rather than sitting in front of the computer, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete