Thursday, March 11, 2010

concrete, as in gravitas, dude



We poured the concrete yesterday and all went well, the forms held which is always good. Life turns to shit real quick when forms let go and wet concrete slops all over the place. When I was just a young hippie pup I got one of my first jobs when some old geezer about my age now poured a grease pit at a garage and the forms cut loose. He just walked off into the sunset and never came back. Left his tools right where they lay.
The boat sets lower in the water now and off we go cleaning up and painting the mess we made.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job. Just tell me the boat was level flat when you poured all that shit in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no such thing as level on this boat. I've come around to keeping all the tank valves open on the fuel and water tanks and just letting the boat do it's thing.All I have to do pump out my sewage and a thousand five hundred pounds comes off the starboard side.

    ReplyDelete