Friday, March 5, 2010

Seeking gravitas in Key West




So we're waiting to put 4 cu yds of concrete into our bow and stern to get the boat sitting a little lower in the water. If we have our fuel and water tanks full we sit just fine, but as we use up the fuel we start to sit too high. I've got every thing formed up and the steel coated.  Wednesday the truck and pumper show up.

The weather has been cold for the last month or so and very windy which is getting tedious, not what we came to Key West for. Bitch and moan, bitch and moan.

Joyce goes to New Orleans in a few weeks to hook up with Dugan and Robin, I stay and feed the cats.

3 comments:

  1. How do you know that with full tanks and concrete you won't be too low in the water? Sounds like some heavy calculations were needed!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a lifetime of living on boats and crossing oceans one develops an eye for these things. I'll let you know if I sink this puppy, at least I'll be at he dock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have total confidence in the captain, and look forward to seeing the Plimsoll Line make its appearance on the Eileen Farrell's hull!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete