Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday

Sat morning. End of a long hard week.Trying to get anything done in this boatyard is a nightmare.They charge outrageous rates for their labor and pay them shit so nobody is really interested in getting anything done.The people working there are some of the stupidest i've ever seen.A couple of them didn't understand how to use a prybar.I tell'em it's a lever,the worlds simplest tool,scientists have seen babboons using them.The first subcontractor who came to empty and clean my fuel tanks tried to rip me off for 6k in fuel.The guys doing the demo seem to think they're on a treasure hunt, anything worth more than 50c just disappears.So far I've run off about a dozen people off my boat in a torrent of vile hateful verbal abuse.The worst of it is that I have to be there myself working my ass off all day just to show them what I expect of them.It's no wonder the shrimping business is going down the tubes here,every year the shrimp get a little smarter and these dumb shitbrained crackers just can't keep up with them.They keep abandoning their boats and going to work on someone else's boat.Pretty soon they will all be on one boat smoking crack and arguing about how to snag that Great White Shrimp some fuckhead hallucinated. The work itself is interesting and I have one older guy, my age, who likes to work and has a lifetime of skills and experience on steel boats and welding.I can't tell you how I miss Fausto and Salvador, they spoiled me rotten.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorenzo, so things are going well down south, eh? And it sounds like you're putting your best foot forward to ingratiate yourself with potential helpers. Do you think there is a remote possibility that anyone local might read your blog? If so, you might want to move a short distance away. We are thinking of forgetting that boring Japan trip and heading to Louisiana where all the fun (obviously) is. Love you, E

    ReplyDelete