Saturday, August 9, 2008

week # 561 of the experience


As you can see we continue to frequent various local jam sessions of cajun music. The folks are real friendly and it's pure heaven for someone like me who loves fiddles and accordions and plaintive howling. Joyce quietly sits there and steals their spirits.

The yard took my two guys again to work on another boat, so I went ahead and continued without them with the help of a Lao welder named Sayfon (ci-phone) and we did quite well putting in the framing for the roof plates. John and Randy should be back next week.

We finally got our engine, we had to drive down to Cut Off, Louisiana to personally lay hands on it, so to speak. It's an in frame rebuilt that seems to run well that we got for the price of a core, so I have my fingers crossed. Worse case scenario I send it off to a shop and have it cherried out for another 6k and I still got a great deal.

Joyce is getting ready to fly up to RI. to see family, I stay here with the cats and the boat.

Everyone complains that they can"t post comments on this blog, which seems to be true, so would you send them to us e-mail. We would love to hear from you all, as we are missing our friends, and if you want, we can post your comments from this end no problem.

1 comment: